Wednesday, March 17, 2010

35/35

I have officially made it to one of the biggest milestones of pregnancy. 35/35. I have completed 35 weeks, and have only 35 days remaining until my guess date. Yesterday was my appointment. Everything looked great. My BP was back down 112/69. I think this had a lot to do with going into the center position that I learned from my hypnobabies CDs. Graham has finally decided to move head down! That is one less thing I have to worry about now, provided he doesn't flip back. I've been having crazy strong Braxton Hicks the last few days and it makes me wonder if I will make it to my guess date. I would like to make it at least that far, but babies tend to have minds of their own when deciding on their birthing time. Only time will tell.

Aaron returns home on Sunday. I am anxiously waiting for that day to come. The last few weeks has been very uneventful without him around. It hasn't passed slowly, or quickly for that matter, it has merely passed. I have been thinking a lot recently about the upcoming deployment. Why can't everything be as calm and okay for a deployment as it is for an extended field problem. In the grand scheme of things, they aren't so much different. Limited communication, and actually he's likely to have more communication while deployed than he has had during this field problem. I guess the only difference is that there isn't a significant chance of injury during a field problem, which there definitely is during a deployment.

This brings up another problem. What to do about vacations/leaving Germany during the deployment. On one hand it would make things a lot easier to leave and be with family during Aaron's "vacation in the sand". On the other hand, what if something happened and they couldn't get in touch with me because I had left Germany and not informed them (which I wouldn't). I think I've decided to seriously consider an EROD move. My final decision on this will be when I decide to enlist or not.

Aaron and I have talked extensively on the subject of my enlistment. We have agreed that if it's what I really want to do, which I'm pretty sure it is although that may change after Graham is born, than it would be a good thing for our family. The next question is when would I go to basic? I've always liked the idea of basic while he is deployed. That way it won't be any extra time away from him. If I decide to enlist, I will wait until Graham is at least a year old...so that would make it May 2011. Aaron returns (hopefully) June 2011. So that doesn't give me enough time to complete Basic Training before Aaron returns from deployment, and I would miss his homecoming which is definitely NOT an option. Therefore I will have to wait until he returns to complete Basic.

An EROD move might make sense, but only if I am for sure enlisting as soon as Aaron returns, which I am skeptical of doing since we will have already been apart for 12 months. However, what's another 13 weeks in a lifetime? My AIT will be accompanied since it's a year long and Aaron can be stationed at DLI in Monterey where my AIT will be held. So many questions need to be answered, I need to find a recruiter in Germany to talk to about everything. Or maybe just get in touch with my previous recruiter.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment