Wednesday, March 3, 2010

33 weeks 1 day

Yesterday I had my doctor's appointment. He was concerned with the amount of weight I had gained between my 25 week appt and my 31 week appointment I think he said it was 6 kilos (12 lbs roughly) granted that is 12 lbs over the course of 6 weeks which amounts to 2 lbs a week, which most books will say that in the 3rd trimester women gain anywhere from 1-2 lbs a week. However, I tried to explain to him that my weight at the 31 week appointment was inaccurate because I had literally just gotten off a 14 hour plane trip. Next week he will be concerned that I dropped weight between 31 and 33 weeks because I lost 3 kilos between those appointments. I got a little worried as well at the end of the appointment because my blood pressure was high...147/71. It has been running about 117/70. High blood pressure is what got me into the mess with Kayla's delivery and I will not go through that again.

I found out that they will let me go 10 days past my guess date. I would have appointments every 2 days for an ultrasound and fetal monitoring to make sure everything was still working like it should be in there, and at 11 days if I didn't go into labor on my own they would check if my cervix was mature and if so use pitocin, if not use prostaglandins to mature it and then start pitocin. I will be everything I can to make sure I don't make it to that 11th day.

No comments:

Post a Comment