Wednesday, December 9, 2009

21 Weeks

Well...I am officially 21 weeks along in this pregnancy. So far I am exactly 20 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight, all of my clothes still fit me with no problems, and I don't appear to be pregnant at all. I received my fetal heart rate doppler in the mail yesterday, I was so excited to finally here the LO's heart beat. Up until that point I had only seen it on the ultra sound. LO's heart rate was 122, which means according to old wives tales , he's a boy. My next ultra sound is on the 22nd, I would love to know the gender, but it's been fun not knowing and doing all the little Old Wives Tales tests to see if it's a boy or girl. I can't look at how I'm carrying the baby though since I'm not showing and I think that one is most accurate. So far what we have is boy based on heart rate, boy based on Chinese Gender Chart, boy because my age at conception and the month added together is even, my husband is not gaining sympathy weight...so again it's a boy. A pendant held over my hand reveals boy, as does a ring over my belly. It seems as though we're destined for a boy. I hope destiny proves correct.

On another note, my younger brother will be arriving in Germany in two weeks! I am so excited, as is my daughter, for his visit. I have missed my family very much. It has been very difficult going through this pregnancy without having them around. They have alway been my support system and even though my husband is currently here, I know the time will come where he has to leave yet again and I will be alone in Germany with a newborn, a toddler, and without my support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment