Saturday, April 10, 2010

Caden's First Birthday!

Today is my best friend's son's first birthday. I can't believe Kayla and I aren't around for it. I remember the day before he was born, I got a call from Samanthia as I was about to get into the shower that her water had just broken and it was time to go to the hospital. The drive there was hilarious. Poor Sam was in pain and we didn't even go straight to the hospital, we had to go from her parents house, to her apartment (about 30-45 minutes away) to get her hospital bag and then another 20-30 minutes to the hospital. She was not a very happy camper. When we finally got to the hospital it took forever to get her epidural, and there was blood EVERYWHERE from where they missed a vein and then poked through it. She was much happier after that epidural, human even.

Now, here I sit having very irregular contractions, wondering if anything is going to happen. Wondering if we could possibly have children who share the same birth day. I am hoping in some parts of my mind that Graham makes his appearance today, and others are hoping he waits 11 days until my mother can be here. I guess only time will tell, and it's all up to him.

I will continue about my day as if nothing is happening and if it happens I will be thrilled. Until then, it's time to make Kayla some breakfast and bake this Hummingbird Cake for the barbecue at the Hillius home tonight!

Happy Birthday Caden!

No comments:

Post a Comment