Sunday, February 28, 2010

Operation Kayla STTN Morning after Night 1

With the new baby coming, and Aaron's upcoming deployment I have decided it is time to get serious about Kayla sleeping in her own bed through the night. Last night marked night 1. This is how it went. Kayla got a bath at 2000. 2030 dried off, lotioned, and laying in bed reading books. 2045, out cold and I went downstairs to do some cleaning and grocery list making before I went to bed.

2145, I hear Kayla crying so I go check on her and she's back to sleep in a few minutes. I finished my work then got in the shower at 2215. 2230 I was in bed listening to my hypnobabies track and falling into a deep sleep.

0030 I awoke to the sounds of Kayla crying yet again. I checked on her and laid in bed until she was good and asleep again. I of course fell asleep during some of this as well, though it was a very light sleep. At 0222 I once again left Kayla's bed and returned to mine.

0328 Kayla woke up crying yet again. I went back to her room and laid down again with her until 0526 when I returned to my room.

0540 Kayla woke up and we were up for the day.

I will say Night one was a success, after all she stayed in her bed all night. Granted we were up and down a lot, and I am exhausted because of it, but I know these things take time. Can't wait to see how tonight goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment